|Product Name:||Sony Alpha A68K DSLR Camera|
|Sensor Resolution:||24.2 Megapixels|
|Display Size:||2.7 inches|
|ISO Range:||Auto / 100 - 25600|
|Continuous Shooting:||8 fps|
|Focal Length:||18-55 mm|
|Video Resolution:||1920 x 1080|
Sony SLT-A68 Review
If you’re looking for a camera which can easily shoot in a variety of different lighting conditions, the new Sony SLT-A68 is one of the best options for you.
There have been vast improvements in this camera as compared to its predecessor.
We would go into the details of the build quality as well as the image capturing quality of this camera below.
Design and Build
1. This is one fairly light DSLR cameras at only 690 gms of weight.
2. The camera is easier to grip even for individuals with small hands. This makes it easier for you to take the photos.
3. The camera possesses a brilliant electronic viewfinder, which helps you take great photographs.
The Not so Good
1. The camera is slightly on the larger side.
1. The Image quality is much better as compared to the A58.
2. The image quality is very superior when you take into account the low light conditions.
3. The focusing mechanism is faster and does not require any long wait.
4. The auto mode, captures almost 100% real colors which makes it easier for you to take good photographs without any manual adjustments.
The Not so good
1. The shortcomings of the 24.2 MP sensors are visible at ISO 800 with pixel noise getting introduced in some of the photographs.
Agility and Speed
1. The 4D FOCUS system of the camera is capable of covering the entire width of the frame in a very short period of time without any lag.
2. With the help of f/2.8 center point which is available in the camera, the photos would be taken in a jiffy.
The Not so good
1. The processor which is used in the camera, takes a bit longer to process and save the photos. The processor which is used is BIONZ X.
However, the lag is pretty less and it won’t hamper your entire experience.
The camera beats the industry average when it comes to the average battery life.
In a single charge, it was able to capture around 510 stills.
One of the best things about this camera is that, even when you are not using it, it does not discharge soon.
The battery display is included which helps you monitor the battery easily. In this budget especially, the camera is actually pretty good as compared to some of the other options.
When it comes to the ease of operation, it is very difficult to beat this camera as it has 2 different auto modes to choose from. This also makes it easier for you to capture the photographs even with minimum technical knowledge.
Moreover, the affordable cost ensures that you get an all-round camera without having to pay a price worth of a professional DSLR.
With that being said, when you compare it with the professional DSLR, you would not find any serious shortcomings.