Sony Alpha A58K
|Product Name:||Sony Alpha A58K|
|Sensor Resolution:||20.1 Megapixels|
|Display Size:||3 inches|
|ISO Range:||100 – 16000|
|Continuous Shooting:||8 fps|
|Video Resolution:||1920 x 1080|
Sony Alpha A58K Review
The Sony Alpha A58K is one of the most useful and versatile cameras when it comes to shooting in various lighting conditions.
Most DSLR cameras in the budget range often cannot handle low light conditions.
If most of your camera usage is at night, then this is the ideal one for you.
Design and Build
- This is a very light DSLR camera at only 490 grams making it highly portable.
- The camera is easier to grip and would thus be very comfortable while taking photos.
- The camera’s excellent electronic viewfinder will help you take great photographs.
The Not so Good
- None for a camera at this price.
- The Image quality is great and what you get is crisp and sharp results.
- The high image quality in low light conditions is praiseworthy.
- The focusing mechanism is fast and does not require any long wait.
The Not so good
- There is some noise visible at very low ISOs but much less as compared to the competitors within this price range.
Agility and Speed
- The camera has a good autofocus.
- With the help of its 15 points Autofocusing System, photos of fast moving objects are of great quality.
The Not So Good
- The processor which is used in the camera is slow to process and save the photos.
The camera has a great battery life wherein, in a single charge, it can capture around 690 stills.
One of the great things is that even left on and not in use, it does not discharge soon.
When it comes to weight, battery performance and ease of operation, it is very difficult to beat this camera.
However, the USP of this DSLR is its performance in low lit conditions.
As brought out earlier, if the maximum requirement for you is low light photography, then this is definitely the camera for you.
Below is a summary of the review: